7 Dos and Don'ts When Getting Eyelash Extension
Aside from the eyebrows, the appearance of eyelashes can also make a huge difference in a bare face. You can go out confidently without any make-up on as long as these two features are looking good.
If your eyelashes are almost non-existent or are sparse, you may consider getting an eyelash extension. This procedure is safe as long as you are getting it from a professional provider.
Before you head out to a salon or cosmetic centre, you might want to go over this quick list of guidelines for eyelash extensions.
1. Do not wear mascara to your appointment. Save time. If you wear mascara to your appointment, your technician will have to remove it first. It is better to arrive bare-faced so you can go straight to the day’s agenda. And since you will be lying down for an hour or so, be sure to put on the comfiest clothing possible.
2. Think about the type of lashes that you want. If you have naturally-straight eyelashes, you might want to choose the same composition for your extensions. A natural look may be a lot better if you will not be attending special occasions any time soon.
3. Keep your eyes closed during the treatment. Be patient and keep your eyes closed. It may feel a little uncomfortable at first, but five minutes into the procedure and you will start to get used to it. You will not feel any stickiness or pain. You may even find yourself drifting off, seeing as to how comfortable the bed is. Once the session is complete, your eyes may be a little bloodshot but that should subside very quickly.
4. Do not get your lashes wet. Avoid wet or damp conditions for the first 24-48 hours to keep your lashes in place. Wash your face but be extra careful so as not to get your eyelashes wet. Skip the steamy showers, workouts, or yoga sessions. Water and moisture can cause the glue to come off and your lashes may loosen, clump, or drop off. You will want to avoid that so you can enjoy your affordable eyelash extension longer.
5. Do not touch your lashes. Your new lashes may make you curious but no matter how tempting, refrain from touching them. Skip the curlers and mascara for now. You may use an eyelash comb, though, to keep the lashes in the shape that you desire. If you tend to rub your eyes, you will have to be cautious and avoid this altogether. This can damage not only your extensions but also your natural eyelashes.
6. Skip oils and moisturisers. You will have to skip your facial oils and heavy creams. These substances can weaken the glue and cause your extensions to fall out earlier than expected. If you must apply moisturisers, completely avoid the eye area. This also goes for water-based makeup removers.
7. Do not fret if you see your extensions coming off. After a few weeks, your eyelash extensions will fall off naturally. Talk to your salon therapist about what you can expect after the session and how you can care for your extensions better. Additionally, ask them when they would recommend coming back for reapplications.
Eager to get your own luscious, perfect eyelashes? Visit natural eyelash extension salons in Singapore for a consultation. Learn more about their services and rates, and have a feel of their place.